Make-up Routine

31 October 2017

The past week was pretty cray with assignments and attachments. I am so glad to have completed the last assignment for the year! Hoorah! But... it also means that exams are approaching soon. I can't wait for the holidays!

Also feeling bummed that Aarul is overseas for training.. I miss him so much and I can't wait to have him back in my arms! My weekends were always catered to and for him since he is only back during the weekends (often on Friday nights, sometimes on Saturdays and twice or thrice on Sundays). A lot of people have been interested in the topic of me and my boyfriend, so I plan to write stuff on "how to cope with your other half who is in NS/ is a regular " (because this just goes beyond 'waiting to see them' and there have been so many problems couples face because of this phase) or even tell you guys how we met!

Thank you for all your love towards us <3



Some of you have kindly asked me to share with you guys about my make-up routine through a video BUT I am not comfortable with that because I am not an expert in this matter. I also think that v-logging takes a lot of commitment and I am not ready for that. Hence, I am going to share with you about the products I use here.

Disclaimer: I have combination to oily skin and holla at my brown girls, this might be more relevant to you.

Moisturizer: Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Matifying Fluid ($48) 
You can get this at Sephora. This is a cream that moisturizes dehydrated and sensitive skin. So if you are worried about breakouts, fret not. It also softens, soothes the face. After applying it, your face will look and feel matte and it blurs out imperfections to a certain extent. I love this because it controls my oil and does not get greasy at all!



Primer: Stila One Step Correct ($40-$50) and MAC Prep+Prime (around $60). 
I cannot remember the prices, hence the range because MAC Singapore does not display their prices online and the Stila corrector cannot be found online too (in-store only). So I love the Stila One Step Correct because it eliminates my redness (I usually get redness on my forehead and cheeks) and somehow it lightens my dark circles and evens out my t-zone. However, it is a little dry upon application so I mix it with the MAC prep+prime (mainly for the radiance). This product is oil-free and really does what it says! It is in a gel form and contains vitamins and anti-oxidants as well!



Eye cream: Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream ($50)
Yes, that is hefty for an eye cream but hear me out. This lasts FOREVER. It is only 15ml but has lasted me for about 9 months now! You only need very little product because it is that moisturizing. I used to have really bad dark eye circles and I can say this has helped me out. I use a high-coverage concealer but my under eyes never ever dry out!



Corrector: Bobbi Brown Creamy Corrector ($49)
I feel that there might be dupes of this product selling at lower prices with larger quantity but I have yet to explore those as this is my first. You can find this in Bobbi Brown or certain Tangs outlet. I have no complaints about this. It reduces my darkness under my eyes dramatically! But one note, you have to apply this with a brush and use your hands for the best results (at least for me)!



Foundation: Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation ($50)
I rarely use foundation because it's thick and sticky and just 'extra'. But I found myself buying this because it was just so light! It is so matte and smooth! I love how light and natural it is!


Concealer: NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer ($46)
Pretty affordable for 6g of product. However, this comes in a pot, so scooping it and getting the right amount out needs a little practice. I have been using this for about 3 months now and I still am working on it, haha. This has great coverage and I love it! I doubt I will change to any other concealers... at least for now. I used to use the MAC pro-longwear concealer but it was a shade too dark. Tried a shade lighter and it got too light. The MAC one was great as well but felt a little heavy. I prefer using a concealer all over my face (ok maybe just around the t-zones) so I would prefer a lighter one. Hence, the NARS comes in handy! It is also very natural on the face! You can get this at Sephora!


Make-up powder: MAC Studio Fix ($40-$50)
I swear by this. I will never ever change this routine. This powder feels extremely light yet provides a good coverage. It does not streak nor cake-up. It provides a matte-finish and I just don't know what to say... I SWEAR BY THIS. I think its about 40ish for this and it lasted me about 5-6 months for one (light usage). You can find this easily at MAC/Isetan outlets.




Setting Powder: Laura Mercier - Loose Setting Powder ($70)

Of course! This needs no description. This is one of the best setting powder recommended by most make-up artists! It is pricey but worth it for its quantity. Mine lasted me for about 6 months? I have about 20% of product left!


Brows: Etude Drawing Eye Brow ($7-&9) and Anastasia Beverly Hills Pomade ($40-$50)
I usually buy a few at once so I can't remeber the exact price of the brow pencil. They also have the one with a blending brush (good for first-timers). It glides easily on the brows and is not too pigmented, hence easier to control. Although it is good, I have been wanting to try the Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyebrow Pomade and have just bought it today! I can't wait to switch over! You can get it from their website since Singapore does not have it yet! Or try Lazada if you trust their product. I am not sure if it is 100% authentic though. Never tried.


Eyeshadow: Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette ($83) 
I have been using this for a month now and I used to use Etude House/Nyx Ombre Blush as my eyeshadow too. I love the heat palette because it has subtle yet lightly strong colours. It is great on dark skin and blends easily.


Mascara: Too Faced Better Than Sex ($35) and Tarte Light Camera ActioLights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara ($33)
I love my eyelashes to be clumpy, hence this serves as the best choice for me! Also, this is easily removable by make-up removers! This product dries pretty fast too! However, this makes my eyelashes "drop" after a while, so to just lift it up, after a coat of this, I apply the Tarte mascara. The Tarte mascara also helps to "separate my lashes" to create a more sparse effect (if you get what I mean..). This is also easily removable! My mascara routine may seem troublesome but it really is not! Just one coat each, and B O O M. 


Eyeliner: Maybelline Hypersharp Power Black Liner ($22.90)
This is my holy grail! This is super matte black. It comes with a brush tip, allowing easy control! It has a sharp precision to it and it is just so easy to use! It is really the best. Does not ever smudge because it dries so fast. I have like 3-4 of them right now (because I was kiasu during the sales). But I buy mine in Malaysia because Maybelline there is cheap! It is only retailing at RM19-21 (SGD $6-7) at Sasa or Watsons! RUN!


Contour and Highlighter: Fenty Match Stix ($37 each)
My favourite from the Fenty range gotta be these babies. It is extremely easy to use. These highlighters are not the extreme ones so its great for school, work and every-day use! I use the blonde and rum for the highlighters and truffle for the contour!


Setting spray: NYX Matte Setting Spray ($18)
I just started using this about a month back. Not a fan of this because I do not like the spray function but it works just fine! It allows my make up to last at least 3-4hour longer!  I am just using it to finish it up. I am intending to switch over to Urban Decay, which I have heard good reviews about!





Lip: Sephora Cream Lip Satin, MAC, Tarte - Tarteist™ Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint, NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick ($19-$40)
I am always mixing the colours but these brands are my favourite when it comes to lips! Tarte's applicators are the best! So precise! Sephora, on the other hand, glides easily and is super moisturizing!


Aaaaand that is all! Thank you for reading up till here! Will upload a skincare routine soon! x 

XOXO, Aish




1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© Aishx. Design by FCD.